Thursday, January 20, 2005

Ratfoot Update

Okay, I had two vermin incidents this weekend. First, Javier and I were on our way back from somewhere and I saw a dead mouse, kinda bloodied and laying on its side at the bottom of a tree on our street.

Then, only a day later and at approximately the same place on the street (nearer to Amsterdam, in case you were wondering which part of the block to avoid the next time you come visit--just kidding, no one ever visits!) Javier saw a rat run across the sidewalk towards the buildings. As usual, I failed to see it.

Neither rodent came in contact with our persons.

Ratfoot


4 Comments:

Blogger Pesach said...

While I appreciate the actual story of ratfoot, I'm have to say that I'm not too sure these rodentine stories make the grade. Seeing one rat run across the sidewalk? Strictly amateur.

On the way to band practice, in a studio located in the industrial area between Park Slope and Carroll Gardens, we pass a place known as the Rat House. It always has a number of overflowing garbage cans out front and is situated next to a vacant lot. When we walk by (usually at night), we stomp our feet and make hissing cat noise, which usually causes 6 to 8 rummaging rats to scurry away - often within a foot or so of our persons.

January 21, 2005 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Emil said...

To clarify, the reason I posted was I NEVER SEE THE RATS, EVER. I saw only one rat in Boston, even though I spent much of my four years there walking throught completely rat-infested areas (although it was a good sighting--the rat was sucking on a piece of ice) and one rat on my street here in May. Plus the one that ran into me a few weeks ago. Even if I walked by the Rathouse or whatever you call it, I'd be sure to see no rats at all, unless they jumped on me. I see plenty of mice, bugs, cats, etc., but I'm mostly rat-blind, and I suppose I should be grateful, but I'm not.

And Pesach, I'll thank you to remember that if you continue to insult my posts maybe I'll stop posting altogether. Is that really what you want? To see the PodBlog waste away AGAIN?

January 21, 2005 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Pesach said...

My goodness by ratfoot is sensitive.

January 21, 2005 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Pesach said...

I meant "but", not "by"

January 21, 2005 at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home