Monday, January 10, 2005

Scary awakenings...

So, I think most (if not all) of you saw the INCREDIBLE stained glass window that Smitty made me for my birthday. It's got a red hamsa with a yellow-ish circle in the middle, and the hamsa is surrounded by blue, green and purple glass-- it's really beautiful. We hung it on the window directly facing the bed on Saturday, and on Sunday morning I woke up (almost blind without my contacts) and all I could see in the window was a dark blurry square surrounding a yellow circle of light. In my half-asleepness, I thought that someone had somehow placed a traffic light on my fire escape. So of course I sat straight up and screamed, and by doing this actually got close enough to realize what it actually was.

Yes, this really is how high-strung I am.

4 Comments:

Blogger ilyushka said...

i've noticed how loud you scream at your house, and i must say it is jarring to hear, i think you ar abusive with your vocal instrument, madame. i'll thank you to restrtain in the future.

January 10, 2005 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

but my walls are thick and fabulous.

January 10, 2005 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger New Girl said...

a couple weeks ago i left my blinds a little more open than i usually do...in the early morning, a tiny sliver of sunlight slipped through the window and totally illuminated an electric blue yoga ball that my cousin stores in my bedroom. in my too-early-to-get-up-sleepy-wakefullness i was so taken aback by the beauty of the glowing blue orb in my dark bedroom.....that i rolled over and went back to sleep. i don't know..had i thought it was a traffic light i may have responded like you sketchbomb!

January 10, 2005 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Pesach said...

Speaking of things that freak you out while you're trying to sleep. Maybe you can get MIGeleh to tell you the story of the "doorbell killer".

January 10, 2005 at 4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home